Each year the Royal Canadian Legion conducts the Poppy Campaign, along with thousands of our members who volunteer from coast to coast to coast, to raise funds in support of Veterans and their families. Poppies are distributed freely, but your generous donations are invaluable.
While the campaign officially runs from the last Friday in October to Remembrance Day, given that all of our orders for supplies come from Ottawa we try to make preparations for the campaign in advance. With this in mind, we are contacting you to see if you would be interested in participating in the 2018 Poppy Campaign within your organization? For most groups, participation often takes the form of distributing poppies (provided by our branch) to those within your organization who would like them and collecting donations that can be used to support Veterans and their families in the Bay area.
To Participate In The Poppy Campaign
If you are interested in participating in this years campaign, we would ask the following information be sent to our Poppy Campaign Chair, Michael Barbour (mkbarbour-at-gmail.com):
- name and contact information for someone in your organization that will coordinate these efforts, and
- the number of poppies that you expect will be needed.
This information will allow us to order a sufficient number of poppies for our 2018 Poppy Campaign and to make arrangement with the contact person in your organization to ensure that they receive the poppies in advance of the campaign’s start date (officially this year it is 26 October 2018).
We thank you in advance for your consideration in participating in the 2018 Royal Canadian legion Poppy Campaign.
Where To Locate a Poppy
Poppies are available at the following locations:
- Consulate General of Canada in San Francisco – 580 California Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA
- Valley of the Moon at Madrone Estate Winery – 777 Madrone Rd, Glen Ellen, CA
- Augie’s Montreal Deli – 875 Potter St, Berkeley, CA
- Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley – 213 Moses Hall #2308, Berkeley, CA
Poppies will also be available at the following events:
- Second Annual Canadian Thanksgiving (06 October) – hosted by Digital Moose Lounge & Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley
- Hackathon (10 October) – hosted by C100
- Canadian Thanksgiving Potluck (10 October) – hosted by Stanford Canadian Club
- Canadians in Technology (11 October) – hosted by C100
- Charter Member [MEMBERS ONLY] – hosted by C100
- Canadians in Technology (early-mid November) – hosted by C100
The following organizations will also be supplying poppies to their members: Brigham Young University Canadian Club; Canadian Women’s Club of San Francisco Bay Area; and Canadians in Austin.
Be sure to check out our PHOTO page to see images from each of these locations and events.