Each year the Royal Canadian Legion conducts the Poppy Campaign, along with thousands of our members who volunteer from coast to coast to coast, to raise funds in support of Veterans and their families. Poppies are distributed freely, but your generous donations are invaluable.
While the campaign officially runs from the last Friday in October to Remembrance Day, given that all of our orders for supplies come from Ottawa we try to make preparations for the campaign in advance. With this in mind, we are contacting you to see if you would be interested in participating in the 2019 Poppy Campaign within your organization? For most groups, participation often takes the form of distributing poppies (provided by our branch) to those within your organization who would like them and collecting donations that can be used to support Veterans and their families in the Bay area.
To Participate In The Poppy Campaign
If you are interested in participating in this years campaign, we would ask the following information be sent to our Poppy Campaign Chair, Michael Barbour (mkbarbour-at-gmail.com):
- name and contact information for someone in your organization that will coordinate these efforts, and
- the number of poppies that you expect will be needed.
This information will allow us to order a sufficient number of poppies for our 2018 Poppy Campaign and to make arrangement with the contact person in your organization to ensure that they receive the poppies in advance of the campaign’s start date (officially this year it is 25 October 2019).
We thank you in advance for your consideration in participating in the 2019 Royal Canadian legion Poppy Campaign.
Where To Locate a Poppy
During the 2019 campaign, poppies are available at the following locations:
- Consulate General of Canada in San Francisco – 580 California Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA
- Augie’s Montreal Deli – 875 Potter St, Berkeley, CA
- C100 – 149 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA
- Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley – 213 Moses Hall #2308, Berkeley, CA
- College of Business & Economics, California State University, East Bay – 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA
For employees of these companies, you can also pick up a poppies at your local offices:
Poppies will also be available at the following events:
- Third Annual Canadian Thanksgiving (12 October) – hosted by Digital Moose Lounge & Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley
- Member Dinner and Discussion: Positioning the Tech Community for Social and Environmental Impact [MEMBERS ONLY] (17 October) – hosted by C100
- Canadian Federal Election Results Watch Party (21 October) – Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley
- Colloquium: Election Post-Mortem (22 October) – Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley
- Colloquium: U.S. 2020 Election & Future of the USMC Agreement (05 November) – Canadian Studies Program, UC Berkeley
- any events hosted or attended by California Curling Supplies
Be sure to check out our PHOTO page to see images from each of these locations and events.