Please note this update from Father Steven H. De Muth, Rector and Pastor of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Covina, California.
Note that Holy Trinity streams all of their services through their Friends of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church of Covina, CA Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/27282737905
Attachment: Remembrance Day Flyer 2022.pdf
A thank you to Doug Lock (Secretary of the International Western USA Zone) who shared these photos with us during our 90th anniversary year. Comrade Lock had received them from the survivor of a deceased Member of Branch 156 (Manhattan Beach) – possibly the family of the late . Also, thanks to the Vacaville Heritage Council for scanning most of the photos in for us.
- 7th Annual Convention – Santa Monica, CA (1937)
- 9th Annual Convention – Stockton, CA (July 1939)
- 10th Annual Convention – Ventura, CA (1940)
- 12th Annual Convention – Riverside, CA (1942)
- Northern Area & State Command Meeting – San Francisco, CA (04 July 1943)
- Northern Area Rally & Meeting – San Francisco, CA (01-02 July 1944)
- 17th Annual Convention – Sacramento, CA (03-06 July 1947)
- 19th Annual Convention – Oakland, CA (1949)
- 22nd Annual Convention, Western States Command – Long Beach, CA (03-06 July 1952)
- Past Presidents Dinner – Garden, CA (17 April 1954)
- 26th Annual Convention – Long Beach, CA (04-07 July 1956)
There were also two pictures that were included in this project that did not have any identifying information on them.
Please note this letter from our Zone leadership concerning the up-coming one General Meeting.
Click on the image to view a PDF version.
Comrade Brian Prewitt, the Sergeant at Arms for the International Western USA Zone will be participating in the “Ride to Fight Suicide” as a Team Captain for the “Royal Canadian Legion Riders.”
In the US, military veterans suicide is considered to be an epidemic with an average of 22 veterans dying by suicide every day. In Canada, the federal government sponsored a study in 2019 entitled Veteran Suicide Mortality Study, which found based on data from 1976 to 2014 that:
- Over the entire 39-year observation period, the risk of suicide for both male and female Veterans was observed to be consistently higher than in the Canadian general population. The risk observed in the additional two years of data available (2013 and 2014) was similar to previous time periods. The observed risk of suicide has neither increased nor decreased over this 39 year period.
- Male Veterans overall had a 1.4 times higher risk of dying by suicide compared to the male Canadian general population, with the youngest group at highest risk.
- Female Veterans overall had a 1.9 times higher risk of dying by suicide compared to the female Canadian general population, and this risk was relatively consistent across age groups.
And the situation has only been getting worse in both countries.
The event will take place on Saturday morning, April 30th at Orange County Harley-Davidson in Irvine and will benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. You can donate to the Royal Canadian Legion Riders at:
Below you can see a photo of Comrade Prewitt from December 2021, where he was making a gift donation to Operation Santa Claus/Senior Santa & Friends on behalf of the Royal Canadian Legion Riders.
The original description included:
Holy Trinity Episcopal Church 100 N. Third Ave, Covina, CA 91723
4pm on Sunday, 07 November
This year’s Remembrance Day – Veterans Day Evensong will be remembered for the dedication of a beautiful memorial plaque dedicated to “all who have served and made the ultimate sacrifice in all wars and conflicts to defend our nations against tyranny.” You won’t want to miss this moving service!
Join in person or via the “Friends of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church of Covina, CA” Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/27282737905/