The Royal Canadian Legion US Branch #25 representing the San Francisco Bay area generally organizes two formal Remembrance services each year.
Each Remembrance Day is observed at Liberty Cemetery in Petaluma, CA. The ceremonies begin around 10:45am and last approximately 30-40 minutes. There is a break for lunch (which is on one’s own), and then at 1:00pm there is a small parade from the Walnut Park in downtown Petaluma that is organized by the municipality that the Legionnaires and our U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps (USNSCC) Arkansas Division partners participate in.
The Saturday or Sunday prior to Memorial Day is observed at Greenlawn Cemetery in Colma, CA. The ceremonies begin around 11:00am and last approximately one hour. Generally speaking, the Legion hosts our U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps (USNSCC) Arkansas Division partners and their friends and family for a small reception immediately following.
Finally, while not organized by the branch, the Royal Canadian Legion US Branch #25 also regularly participates in the Service of Remembrance at Grace Cathedral, ANZAC Day at the Log Cabin, Presidio, and other remembrance activities.
Most Recent Services for Each Remembrance:
- Wreaths Across America 2020 – Mare Island Naval Cemetery (19 December 2020) [Photos & Partial Video]
- Veterans Day Virtual Service – Touro University California (11 November 2020) [Video]
- Remembrance Day Virtual Service (11 November 2020) [Video]
- Remembrance Evensong – Holy Trinity Church of Covina (08 November 2020) [Video]
- Commemoration Day Virtual Service (01 July 2020) [Video]
- Petaluma Veterans’ Day Parade 2019 (11 November 2019) [Photos & Partial Video]
- Service of Remembrance (10 November 2019) [Photos & Partial Video]
- Memorial Day 2019 – Greenlawn Memorial Park (25 May 2019) [Photos & Partial Video]
- ANZAC Day 2018 (22 April 2018) [Photos & Partial Video]