A happy new year to all of our members in Branch 25 (San Francisco) of the Royal Canadian Legion. Beginning in 2023 we will be more selective about our posting to this website. In the past we have posted pretty much any item related to veterans services or military history were posted. Items that aren’t specific to the Bay Area, that our membership would be unlikely to attend, or that are simply general veterans service items will not be posting. This should streamline the frequency of posting and the relevance to our membership.
A thank you to Doug Lock (Secretary of the International Western USA Zone) who shared these photos with us during our 90th anniversary year. Comrade Lock had received them from the survivor of a deceased Member of Branch 156 (Manhattan Beach) – possibly the family of the late . Also, thanks to the Vacaville Heritage Council for scanning most of the photos in for us.
- 7th Annual Convention – Santa Monica, CA (1937)
- 9th Annual Convention – Stockton, CA (July 1939)
- 10th Annual Convention – Ventura, CA (1940)
- 12th Annual Convention – Riverside, CA (1942)
- Northern Area & State Command Meeting – San Francisco, CA (04 July 1943)
- Northern Area Rally & Meeting – San Francisco, CA (01-02 July 1944)
- 17th Annual Convention – Sacramento, CA (03-06 July 1947)
- 19th Annual Convention – Oakland, CA (1949)
- 22nd Annual Convention, Western States Command – Long Beach, CA (03-06 July 1952)
- Past Presidents Dinner – Garden, CA (17 April 1954)
- 26th Annual Convention – Long Beach, CA (04-07 July 1956)
There were also two pictures that were included in this project that did not have any identifying information on them.
Over the years we have collected a lot of manuals that have been released by the Royal Canadian Legions.
As we have been cleaning out our files, here are a selection of the ones that we found.