Note this up-coming event from one of our fellow Canadian organizations in the Bay Area.
What a time it is for Canadians in tech, both at home and abroad! For those abroad, how can this talented diaspora help shape Canada’s place in the world?
Whether you are an expat yourself, know a few or are simply a passionately proud Canadian, save your spot today for an exciting event with John Stackhouse on December 9th! Event details are found below.
In addition, we’d love to have a moment of your time in answering three short questions.
All the Best,
The C100 Team
There are enough Canadians abroad to constitute an 11th province. This impressive talent pool consisting of entrepreneurs, educators, humanitarians and more, often share a profound desire to to export Canadian values to the world. Join C100 for an open discussion about the role expats can play in Canada’s place in the world.
- Sean Harrington, C100 Charter Member and former Co-Chair, will be the new CEO Optimus Ride, an MIT spinoff company that develops self-driving technologies that enable efficient, sustainable, and equitable mobility systems.
- A big Canadian win on the global stage! Nasdaq is set to buy financial fraud detection firm, Newfoundland-based Verafin for $2.75 billion. Congratulations to Jamie King and the Verafin team!
- Loblaw is testing Canada’s first-ever fleet of driverless trucks in partnership with Gatik, starting with the Greater Toronto Area.TA (Greater Toronto Area).
- 🏾 DMZ, a C100 Corporate Partner, has launched the Black Innovation Launchpad: a free skills development platform and year-round program geared at building the next generation of successful Black entrepreneurs. Applications are now open to join the DMZ Black Innovation Fellowship.
- TELUS, has launched the TELUS Pollinator Fund For Good, investing $100M in entrepreneurs addressing Canada’s biggest challenges in health, education, agriculture and the environment. TELUS Ventures, is also a C100 Corporate Partner.
- Canada has a connection to Pfizer’s vaccine. Vancouver-based Acuitas Therapeutics has developed the nanotechnology that enables the Pfizer vaccine to work.
- Google invests $4 million in Montreal-based AI developer Mila. The Mila team is currently working on LambaZero, an algorithm for scientists to find the most effective molecules when making new drugs. In January, they will begin testing a new drug to fight COVID-19.
- ️ Ryerson University partners with software firm SOTI on their new aerospace division, SOTI Areospace, focused on aerial drone and robotics research. SOTI has initially invested $20-million into this new division.
- ♀️Investissement Québec and Montreal-based Teralys Capital are the first Canadian partners directly supporting the Beyond the Billion initiative. Investissement Québec, the investment arm of the Quebec government, has pledged to have women-led businesses represent 18 per cent of it’s portfolio as a part of their 2022-23 strategic plan.
- 🇨🇦 Canada’s Global Skills Strategy (GSS) Initiative aims to fast-track visas for highly-skilled foreign workers coming into Canada. While this has helped migrate talent north of the US in recent year, The Logic covers an important question: will they stay following potential changes from a Biden-administration?
Looking to connect with some of the most promising Canadian entrepreneurial leaders?
C100 Members benefit from mentorship and investment, to participating in high-value Member-exclusive events, including 48Hrs in the Valley, and intimate gatherings (yes, even virtually!). A C100 Membership has also been a way to give back to Canada.
C100’s mission is to support, inspire, and connect the most promising Canadian entrepreneurial leaders through mentorship, investment, partnership, & talent. Apply to join as a member today! If you have any questions, our team is here to help.