An item from a fellow Canadian organization in the Bay Area.
What a turnout for this riveting conversation with John Stackhouse on his latest book, Planet Canada: How Expats Are Shaping the Future. Missed the conversation? Not to worry, we have you covered!
In recognition of today’s event, John and his publishing team have extended a special offer for the C100 Community! The Planet Canada: How Our Expats Are Shaping the Future ebook edition is now on sale until Friday, December 18th. If you enjoy reading on your Kobo, your Kindle or your phone, you can purchase it for the sale price of $10.99 US or $12.99 CAD. Pick up your copy today! US link & CAD link
C100 Charter Membership is a by-invitation community of influential global Canadians united in their motivation to positively impact Canada and to champion the next generation of brilliant Canadian technology leaders. They have led distinguished careers as impact-driven senior leaders, outstanding entrepreneurs, and sought-after investors.
This year, C100 welcomed 10 new Charter Members:
- Allen Lau, Co-Founder and CEO, Wattpad
- Anar Simpson, Board Director and Global Ambassador, Technovation
- Andrew D’Souza, Co-Founder and CEO, Clearbanc
- Brian Hale, Vice President of Product Growth, Facebook
- Erik Blachford, Partner, Narrative.Fund
- Kirstine Stewart, Head of Future of Media, Sport and Entertainment, World Economic Forum
- Michael Hershfield, Senior Vice President of Sales, WeWork
- Michael Scissons, Founder, Careerlist, and Co-Founder, Bansho
- Mike Wessinger, Founder and CEO, PointClickCare
- Patrick Spence, CEO and Board Director, Sonos
Get to know these accomplished and talented Canadian leaders in a special C100 piece!
- Canada has officially approved the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for distribution. A look at how we *might* see this unfold. P.S. Vancouver-based Acuitas Therapeutics developed the nanotechnology that enables the Pfizer vaccine to work.
- 🤝New partnership announcement! Toronto-based Clearbanc and Silicon Valley Bank, a proud C100 foundational sponsor, have teamed up to power a new capital program for pre-venture funded startups. Clearbanc’s founders are not only 48Hrs Alumni, but Michele Romanow & Andrew D’Souza are also valued C100 Members (ps. read more on Andrew in his Charter Member interview).
- The latest in cross-border takeovers, Mississauga-based PointClickCare, one of Canada’s largest private software companies and run by Co-Founder and CEO Mike Wessinger (C100 Charter Member), is set to purchase Salt Lake City’s Collective Medical. Learn more about Mike in his Charter Member interview!
- ICYMI: the historic deal of Salesforce purchasing Slack for US$27.7 billion. Vancouver Island-born CEO Stewart Butterfield was the recipient of C100’s Icon of Canadian Entrepreneurship (ICE) Award in 2018. Slack had this to say about it.
- Montreal-based Element AI Inc. is to be acquired by Silicon Valley software company ServiceNow Inc. for an undisclosed sum. Element AI had previously raised more than US$250-million.
- Congratulations to Jack Newton, Founder and CEO of Vancouver-based Clio has been awarded Waterstone Human Capital’s Most Admired CEO of 2020!
Interested in giving back to the community?
Consider deepening your engagement with C100 as a Member.
C100 Members are entrepreneurs, investors, and operators in the technology field, with a special focus on Canadians living abroad who wish to connect with one another and to give back to Canada’s ecosystem. They enjoy high-value, intimate virtual events, a Members-only C100 Slack space, and exclusive Member communications. All prospective Members must have their application sponsored by at least one active C100 Member.
C100’s mission is to support, inspire, and connect the most promising Canadian entrepreneurial leaders through mentorship, investment, partnership, & talent. Apply to join as a member today!