An item from one of our fellow Canadian organizations in the Bay Area.
The day you’ve been waiting for is here….
C100 Fellows nominations have officially opened!
We’re looking for 20 talented early-stage startup founders to make up our inaugural cohort of C100 Fellows and take part in our signature 48Hrs in the Valley Program.
Starting in March, C100 Fellows will:
- Engage in months of mentorship, peer-to-peer networking and thought leadership and guidance from leading growth-stage founders, corporate leaders and expert operators
- Participate in our signature 48Hrs in the Valley event in May 2021
- Access to C100 Membership for 2021, including all C100 Member benefits
“Ideal” founders for this program are:
- Exceptional entrepreneurs leading a pre-Series A technology startup in any sector
- Canadian, based anywhere, or a newcomer to Canada leading a startup headquartered anywhere in Canada
- Leading companies with demonstrated traction in their industry
Nominations will be open until 5pm PT on Friday, January 22nd. Founders will be notified once they are nominated and have until 5PM on Friday, February 5th to complete their applications. Click to learn more about the Fellows Program.
Get to know even more about the remarkable founders and companies from last year’s cohort!
Watch their “Meet the Founders” virtual sessions, now published on our YouTube Channel, led by outstanding Canadian leaders and C100 Members.
TOPIC OF CONVERSATION: CANADIAN IMMIGRATION
In December, C100 had the opportunity to co-organize a roundtable with Canadian Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino.
Chris Albinson, C100’s co-founder and Managing Director of Breakaway Growth, recently published an op-ed to Canada on how it can win the world’s talent.
MLAB PRESENTS: WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP LAB
The Magnetic Leadership Lab (MLab) is Leadership Accelerator for women professionals looking to level up their leadership skills, network and community.
Led by Executive & Leadership Coach and C100’s Co-Chair, Shari Hatch Jones, MLab is a curated program for rising leaders. The winter cohort kicks off on January 21st.
- 🤝Mississauga-based healthcare company Point Click Care, led by CEO & C100 Charter Member Mike Wessinger, has closed its acquisition of Utah-based Collective Medical.
- ️ICYMI: Effective January 7th, all passengers five years of age or older, are required to test negative for COVID-19 before travelling by air from another country into Canada. A 14-day quarantine upon arrival is still enforced.
- ✍️Marianne Bulger, Founder & CEO at Prospect.fyi, and Matthew Lombardi, Managing Director at OneEleven, contributed to the Globe and Mail of how work-from-home has affected marginalized communities.
- In an effort to support small-to-medium sized businesses, Alberta Innovates extended its Innovation Relief and Recovery Program with $350,000
- 🤝Toronto-based Emerge Commerce has closed the acquisition of Kitchener-Waterloo-based food tech startup truLOCAL for up to $16.8 million CAD.
- Team Canada walked away away with a silver medal last night during the World Junior Championship Final after a 2-0 score against Team USA. Heading into this game, Canada outscored their opponents 41-4, never trailing for a single second.
- While vaccine rollouts have been underway in Canada, some areas have been faster to distribute than others.
Interested in giving back to the community?
Consider deepening your engagement with C100 as a Member.
C100 Members are entrepreneurs, investors, and operators in the technology field, with a special focus on Canadians living abroad who wish to connect with one another and to give back to Canada’s ecosystem. They enjoy high-value, intimate virtual events, a Members-only C100 Slack space, and exclusive Member communications. All prospective Members must have their application sponsored by at least one active C100 Member.
C100’s mission is to support, inspire, and connect the most promising Canadian entrepreneurial leaders through mentorship, investment, partnership, & talent. Apply to join as a member today!