As many of you are aware, the Royal Canadian Legion US Zone, Branch #25 representing the San Francisco Bay area is a sponsor of the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps (USNSCC) Arkansas Division. Each year, the cadets seek sponsors to purchase wreaths as a part of the Wreaths Across America event. A wreath can be sponsored for $15 and a portion of each sponsorship goes to our cadets.
I ask that you visit https://donate.wreathsacrossamerica.org/?pageId=22107&relatedIds=15539&productId=114 and contribute to their number of local wreaths that will be placed at the National Cemetery at the Presidio here in San Francisco.
Additionally, if you are available on Saturday, 16 December at 11:00am I would encourage you to join the cadets – along with members of the Royal Canadian Legion – as volunteers to place the wreaths (regardless if you are able to sponsor any wreaths yourself). The event is described as:
Ceremony and Volunteer Information
We are happy that you are willing to help with our Wreath Across America ceremony at San Francisco National Cemetery at Presidio (CAPNSF). Please do not forget to register on the San Francisco National Cemetery at Presidio (CAPNSF)! That way you will get all updates about the cemetery itself.
Here are some things to remember about the ceremony:
- Everyone of all ages and backgrounds is welcome.
- Ceremonies around the world will be starting at the same moment, so please be on time.
- Please help ensure that all participants get the opportunity to place a wreath.
- Please follow the location coordinators instructions on where to place wreaths, as well as “how” they should be placed.
- We especially appreciate volunteers willing to help clean-up. Please check in with the location coordinator if you are interested in helping with the clean-up.
The most important thing to remember is to have a wonderful experience participating in the ceremony and thank you so much for help Wreaths achieve our mission to remember, honor and teach.
Additional details at https://wreaths.fastport.com/viewLocation.html?page=15539&relate=22107
So please consider sponsoring one or more wreaths to support ourU.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps (USNSCC) Arkansas Division and, if you are available, we would love to see you out for the event.